RYDAL HALL GARDENS
The gardens were laid out by renowned Cumbrian landscape architect Thomas Mawson in 1910 and are one of the best surviving example of his work in the Lake District. Concrete balustrading and steps, simulating stone, were repaired after detailed research into appropriate mixes.
The work was gravy aided by the Heritage Lottery Fund and the gardens are now open to the public. Owner Carlisle Diocese with Paul grout, Architect.